December 26, 2016
The Aquaculture Training Program is a 5-week hands-on PAID training aimed at preparing Rhode Islanders with the skills they need to acquire entry-level jobs in the rapidly growing fields of Aquaculture and Hospitality. The 5-week training session will prepare individuals to work in a number of positions throughout the Aquaculture industry. Participants will be instructed in key employment areas such as:
- Essentials Job Skills
- Basic boating skills
- Boating tools and maintenance
- Shellfish biology
- Dealer and Shipper Skills
- ServSafe Kitchen Certification and more!
Session Starts April 17th
Call now to register with our Student Services Coordinator - Ruth: (401) 783-0293.
Download and complete this form: Aquaculture 2017 Registration Form
- Email completed form to: StudentServices@EdExRI.org
- or Fax to: (401) 284-3365
- or mail to: The Education Exchange, 33 North Road C-1, Peace Dale, RI 02879
Classroom hours will be from 9am to 3pm, while time served at on-site trainings will vary.
No Cost to Participate, Tools and Materials Provided, in fact participants who qualify for this training will be paid to learn!
Participants must meet a few physical requirements, have reliable transportation and pass a BCI for theft and violent crimes only.